Why JDE Server Manager isn't enough
- Miranda Cluxton & Frank Jordan
- October 10, 2018
- JD Edwards ERP, ERP Suites Clarity, Application Management
- 0 Comments
Best practices for CNCs from CNCs — application performance management
Patching, debugging, deploying, maintaining, and at times performing magic. That’s the basic JD Edwards CNC job description. When things are good, life is good. But when system performance drops, all eyes are on you to make it right—quickly. We lean on each other at ERP Suites for rapid problem-solving, but what if you are a one-person show? Simplify your efforts and stay ahead of issues with ERP Suites Clarity, our application performance management tool.
If you’re using JD Edwards Server Manager, you only see part of the picture. Clarity pulls the same information PLUS unique insights like web user network/server response with the interactive application name/version by user. And it’s all presented in a single, actionable dashboard.
JDE Server Manager does provide real-time data and 24-hour history. However, if you want greater detail or a more in-depth history, you need to run the JD Edwards Application Management Suite (AMS4JDE) under Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM). This comes with a significantly higher price tag than Clarity’s mid-market, cloud-based subscription.
ERP Suites Clarity was born out of necessity. Founded on cloud and managed services, our CNCs juggled software for years to get the most relevant performance data. We tried JDE Server Manager, OEM, and Real User Experience Insights (RUEI). We searched endlessly for a time-saving solution that would reinforce our team internally and on location. Nothing supported the reality of life as a JDE CNC, so we created our own tool.
Over ten years of hosting and application management experience are wrapped into Clarity. Among the best system monitors, it consolidates data sources to present a high-level picture of your EnterpriseOne configuration. It also sends alerts to help you thwart issue escalation. Some of our favorite features include:
- Real-time user analytics — exposing performance and availability concerns
- Historical utilization data — revealing trends to help inform better decision-making and planning
- Database management — exposing expensive queries and elevated CPU pressure
- Security management — summarizing data to satisfy audits
- AIS server monitoring — ensuring your JDE and third-party integrations can perform as expected
- Log parser — monitoring logs based on custom keywords to catch common signs of trouble
At ERP Suites, we use Clarity 24/7/365 to ensure customer success, and we want to help you achieve the same results. If you’re already a Clarity customer, click here to read how you can use application management features to resolve load balancer issues and more.
New to ERP Suites Clarity and want to learn more? Contact us. We’re happy to show you around.