ERP Suites Clarity: application management feature
Monitoring tools like ERP Suites Clarity are bursting with data. But making sense of that data is daunting if you don’t know where to dig in. Today’s blog brings clarity.
When a system goes down, you need to find the culprit and get the business back up ASAP. Clarity scans all the usual suspects saving you precious time. The “Most Recent Utilization” section under Application Management provides high-level intelligence on your enterprise application at a glance.
Like a detective, you first need to gather the facts. Look at the blue box to see when metrics where last updated. This reassures you that the data is current. Check the orange Enterprise Server CPU Utilization box to verify the health of your server—the lower the percentage the better. And review the green box to see the total number of web users logged in.
Next, survey the pie charts for hidden clues. Hover over the sections of the “Web Users by HTML Server” chart to reveal a breakdown of the total users. These numbers might point to an issue with the load balancer. Is it distributing users properly? Did you forget to add one of the web servers back into the load balancer after weekend maintenance? If you don’t see any users logged in, there could be a problem with one of your web servers.
The “Running Call Object Kernels by Server” chart informs on how many call object kernels are running. Based on this number, you can deduce which is the logic server among other enterprise servers. If your logic server is running below normal capacity with call object kernels, your system may need to be investigated.
Key parameters are lined up on the right side of the Application Management screen. Watch for red exclamation point alerts. They help you easily narrow down the source of an issue in seconds. Like the pie charts, you can hover over parameters to uncover detailed information:
- User Activity — Idle Time, Open Applications per Session, and Web User Count per instance
- HTML Server — Percentage of Java Heap Used and Web Server Activity (bytes written) per each web server
- Enterprise Server — Server CPU Utilized and Server Memory Used. If your application has multiple enterprise servers, metrics for each is displayed here.
- System Activity — Manual Open JDB Transactions, Outstanding Requests, Sockets in Use and Zombie Process per Instance
- Call Object Kernels — Average Call Object Kernel Time per Instance, Number of Running Call Object Kernels, Users per Call Object Kernels, and any call object kernel errors. If any of these metrics are off, this parameter will tell you which server to explore.
Think of Clarity as your investigative partner. Use the Application Management feature to solve system issues quickly and keep your business in business.