Pairing JDE mobile app security with convenience
JD Edwards mobile applications are bound to two masters: convenience and security. Convenience demands easy access to content at any hour while security insists on locking it down. It may seem impossible to please both, but the ERP Suites Mobility application succeeds with a multi-layer approach.
ERP Suites Mobility gives JD Edwards EnterpriseOne users access to a library of micro-apps in a single mobile screen. Each micro-app represents a stripped-down version of a business process so the user can get in, get out, and get on with their day. Sounds convenient. It also sounds like an open portal to critical business data. To meet the needs of corporate security, Mobility developers focused on adaptability and configurability—back end to front end.
Adapting mobile app security to customer standards
On the back end, ERP Suites developers encrypted Mobility between all endpoints of the path to secure data transmission. The design lets the customer choose the communication method:
- HTTPS with trusted signed certificates
- A VPN connection between the ERP Suites Cloud and the customer’s JD Edwards AIS server
Mobility displays and manipulates the data via software calls and never stores the data on the user’s device.
Configuring mobile app security for user preference
On the front end, Mobility users can customize security while still maintaining a required level of standards. Account registration is the first layer.
- A new user must create a Mobility password that adheres to current minimum NIST standards (eight characters with letters, numbers, and special characters).
- They are also required to enter a unique company code, provided by ERP Suites, to complete account registration.
- Mobility then prompts the user to enable biometrics if their device is capable of performing biometric scans.
- The user can further enhance security by enabling Multi-Factor Authentication (2FA), One Time Password (OTP) or a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
The second layer ensures secure entry into the JD Edwards ERP application itself. A user links their JDE account to ERP Suites Mobility by entering their EnterpriseOne credentials. This approach also guarantees that the user is only able to access the data appropriate for their role.
In the rapidly growing world of mobile applications, ERP Suites Mobility meets consumer demand for both convenience and security. Layering ensures that the correct user can access and employ approved data appropriately with the benefit of personal choice.
ERP Suites earned an Oracle JD Edwards Distinguished Partner Award for product innovation including ERP Suites Mobility. Learn more about digital transformation solutions for JD Edwards at erpsuites.com.